On today's HIMSSCast, host Jonah Comstock and Healthcare Finance News Managing Editor Susan Morse welcome back Tom Leary, Jeff Coughlin and David Gray, all from the HIMSS Government Relations team, to discuss what to expect in the lame duck session of Congress, as well as when the Biden administration gets underway in 2021. We also delve into the recent extensions in the info blocking rules, where we stand with telehealth waiver extensions, and last week's Supreme Court oral arguments about the future of the Affordable Care Act.
- What a Biden administration could mean for health tech policy.
- What could happen under different Senate control scenarios.
- Health tech policy priorities: telehealth, public health infrastructure and patient identification.
- Patient ID ban update.
- Health IT's enduring bipartisan appeal.
- What to expect re: COVID-19 relief.
- The future of telehealth waivers.
- What we learned at ACA oral arguments.
- What Biden can do on the ACA without Congress.
Previously on HIMSSCast:
Learn on-demand, earn credit, find products and solutions. Get Started >>
More About This Episode: